Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Farmer's Market


I went to the Farmer's market today with my hubby and a good friend. It was the first market of the season. We arrived shortly after the opening and the park was packed. It was beautiful.

The vegetables, the (small amounts) of fruit, the craft vendors, the homemade food, and the people were all great. The market was filled with wonderful smells. I began to realize something. Even if I have to live without wheat or gluten, I don't have to feel deprived. Many of the foods that I adore contain no gluten.

Carrots don't have gluten. Neither does onions, bell peppers, lettuce, or milk. The first cherries of the season- that I paid an arm for- don't contain gluten. They were surrounded by much anticipation, but they don't contain gluten!

The hubs and I decided to join a milk delivery service from Winder. We ordered milk (in glass bottles), half and half, and even groceries. With the grocery delivery, the farmer's market, and all the stuff I hope grows in my garden, I should be perfectly fine without wheat.

My booty from the market? Brilliant!

  • Cherries (Even if they did cost the earth, it was worth it to have my first cherries of the season).
  • Onions from my favorite root guys
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Green Leaf Lettuce
  • And the Winder Dairy stuff, which will be delivered next Monday.

What's in my fridge?
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Iceberg Lettuce
  • Eggs
  • and lots of condiments

No comments: