Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What was I thinking?!?

So...I realized that I was being a bit ambitious when I decided that I was going to post once a week. Seeing how my life has been completely up in the air and crazy, I am not sure what I was expecting.

I started a new position at my job in February. For the first little while, it was completely smooth sailing. Then I actually started to get busy at work. Like tear out your hear- cry in the shower- can't sleep for thinking- doubting everything- busy. It was bad. Couple this with an insane amount of catching up in my personal life, and I was done. March was not a happy month. So, I took a step back from everything and decided that I could some things but, if I didn't want to go down in flames again, I couldn't do everything. In April, I started to slooooowly reintroduce myself to things that I like and started saying no to things that I don't like. Working on creating that work-life-project balance.

The updates on the things that have been going on for the month of May?
  • The job has calmed down a bit and I am starting to find my groove.
  • I decided (in my infinite wisdom) that I would start to train for a half triathlon- even though I have no fitness level at all. Maybe I will write about that one....later.
  • I also decided that I would train for next years half marathon. I am still in too much shock to talk about that one yet.
  • I am really not making any progress on my training for these two things, but I am trying.
  • I gained 10 pounds, bringing my over total to 50 :( . Do you see the correlation to the craziness of the marathon/ triathlon?
  • We purchased another new kidlet for our zoo. A Sunday Conure who we named...wait for it... Sunny!
  • I was at the Dr.'s office many times in March and they still don't know what is wrong. I had asthma issues, and I totally bruised my wrist. Although I have to admit that one was funny. Totally epic fall on my face in the living room of my house- bird went flying, dogs went crazy, and I went screaming (thought the wrist was broken). Oh, and the hubby has been sick.
  • I started twittering. It's fun and completely pointless.
  • We started to redo a basement wall after having to tear it down due to water damage.
  • I've been trying (for two months) to get my seedlings in the ground. But if they are not in this weekend they are not going in...
Although all of that has been quite overwhelming in the last little while, I am finally starting to get a handle on things and feel like I can post regularly. So, here is wishing myself good luck.

Ciao.

No comments: