Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Kid- Early Days


I realize the ridiculousness of posting a picture when the kid looks like nothing more than a tadpole, but here it is. (I also can't figure out how to rotate the image, yet, so just pick up your monitor and turn it :)  )

The kid was about 8 weeks gestation when this was taken, so s/he was just a wee one. Although we knew at this point that we were pregnant, I was not comfortable sharing the information in case we lost the baby. My midwife was very considerate of that and my gush of tears when she showed me the heart beating on the ultrasound. I was so happy about it, except when I realized that the blood draw would be next. Ha. 

The hubby wasn't with me at this appointment, but I sent him the picture. He said it looked lke a tadpole, and I have to admit that I agree. Funny, funny stuff. 

At this point in the pregnancy I was feeling ill with the morning sickness and starting to catch a cold. I was also incredibly tired and worn out. It was hard to get up the motivation to go to work each day, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

I think that I will remember the insecurity about the pregnancy at this phase. I was just so nervous that something would happen to the baby. I still have that nervousness, but it is slowly fading away. As we get closer, I just want to meet the little girl/guy... 

Next: Twelve Weeks


No comments: