Thursday, December 17, 2009

Long Time

I have been a long time gone. Sigh. Alas, the world has spun around- yet again- and I find myself in a different place. I never really wanted to quit posting, I just had life get in the way. A few weeks off here, a day off there, added up to not touching this thing until today. Of course, I do have some excuse...

I am preggo! Not new news, but still news. I conceived around July 15. Five days after my great grandmother's funeral and about seven days after a good friend's wedding. Hmmm. Maybe all the excitement of other things distracted me from my thoughts?

I refused to take a pregnancy test, but felt off. I eventually caved and took one. I got a very faint positive so I didn't believe it. I took another one the next week and it showed a stronger (but still faint) positive. I took a third test the next week and it showed an even stronger positive. The hubby said I could either go to the doctor or we were going to Costco to buy the industrial pack of preggo tests. LOL. The pregnancy was confirmed at about week three by my midwife.

Anyway, for the remainder of July and August I was terrified that I was going to lose the pregnancy. Couldn't sleep, sheer panic, terror, and nightmares. Spent all this time being sad because I thought for sure I would end up with another miscarriage.

I finally settled into having more faith when I got hit with terrible morning, noon, and night sickness. This lasted all of September and October. I also got the swine flu in October- twice. Yeah. I don't know how I did that either, but I did. It wasn't that bad, I just couldn't be at work. So I spent 22 days watching Law and Order: SVU. It was great fun.

November was spent still fighting the morning, noon, and night sickness. It has finally calmed down a little in December. So right now I am at 22 weeks. I am due mid-april.

Both the hubby and I know what we are having, but we have been very selective about who we tell otherwise. We have discussed names, but nothing concrete yet. We know what the bedroom will look like, and it will NOT have any pastels ;)

I am also still wheat free. Bloodwork showed that I do not actually have Celiac, but the panel was incomplete so it is not confirmed. I declined the endoscopy and colonoscopy because I could not work up the courage to have them done. I avoid wheat because, through trial and error, I have found that the digestive pyrotechnics are fewer and farther between when I do. So, wheat free and preggo. Now that has been interesting.

No comments: