Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I have been trying...

Over the past two months I have been trying to refashion or make a lot more for my Wardrobe Refashion pledge. Unfortunately, I haven't really been getting anywhere :( Work, home, and the whole pregnancy thing has been draining my energy reserves. Who knew that baby baking was such hard work? 

On the plus side, I haven't purchased anything new, so I do feel somewhat accomplished. I did manage to finish a baby blanket for my cousin's baby shower, but I forgot to take a picture. It was a basic shell stitch in Banana Berry Yarn from Red Heart. It self striped into a lovely rainbow of green, blue, and yellow. You should just take my word for it, but it was super cute!

On the baby front, I have been super exhausted. I had a couple of HUGE things I was involved in at work, and they contributed to my huge loss of time at the end of January. February was my birthday month, but I was too tired to celebrate the whole month like I normally do. I am not really sleeping well right now, because I can't get comfortable. I try to take little cat naps whenever I can, but it's not really enough. Everyone just keeps telling me that my body is preparing for the lack of sleep over the next eighteen years... Yeah.... Because THAT makes me feel better :) I have been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, and boy are they a pain- literally. I know it's preparation, but I wish it would hold off for a bit!

I also recently discovered that I can't drive anymore. Because I am so short, I generally have to sit fairly close to the steering wheel. If you add a ginormous belly into the mix, then I am right up against the steering wheel. I can't adjust the steering wheel because then I can't see over it, and I can't move back because then I can't reach the clutch or the brakes- both bad. So the lovely, wonderful, super-fantastic hubby has been driving me everywhere I need to go. This has included multiple stores, a baby shower, a birthday party, IKEA, work, and all my midwife appointments. He is great. 

The baby's room has been painted. My stepdad stripped all the wallpaper, textured the walls, and painted them. It's great to have a painter in the family. Now we just need to finish the room and, you know, make it habitable for the kid. The baby shower is this weekend, so I am hoping we can get it all set up by next weekend. That one totally depends on the hubby. 

I really need to recap the last couple of weeks  in more detail, but my pregnancy brain isn't really going to work with that. Ha. I guess I will try to get back to this later....

No comments: